Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Delicious Cake!

It's amazing how time flies. When I finally realized it was December, I was thrown into a loop. And it's almost the mid-December! Madness, I tell you, MADNESS!

 Lately I've been craving sweets badly. In fact, one day I actually had a lunch similar to Momoko's from Shimotsuma Monotagari; FOUR different pieces of cake! They weren't too bad either, although I wasn't satisfied. This may sound weeaboo-ish of me since I do love anime, but I really prefer Japanese-style sweets. I'm not talking so much about the traditional ones such as mitarashi dango--which is awesome and gooey--more like "Western" desserts that are tweaked to fit the Japanese palette. The cake is sooo much fluffier and lighter, with balanced flavors...totally guilt-free in my opinion! I'm want to make one...actually I am going to make one, which brings me to my next point.

Considering it is the season to give, I've decided to make a roll cake for a close friend of mine, instead of buying one (even though I can find TONS of delicious-looking varieties on Rakuten.)

Yummy! This is made with lotus fruit seeds.  


It'll be something basic, but I am thinking adding strawberries to the cream (otakus love strawberries!) and make the cake with either rice or soy flour...and maybe replace normal eggs with an egg substitute, just to make it healthier. Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment